At Premium Minds, I’ve collaborated with clients to help them improve their business process and results through software solutions. Besides having also acted as an Agile Coach, managed some smaller projects, and lifted requirement for a couple projects that ended up not taking off, here are the main avenues where I’ve been involved.
- Product Owner for a team delivering web applications (whose backend supports complex business processes) and ETL/reporting solutions for deGRISOGONO.
- Payment machine for Empark’s ticketless parking lot installments, from inception to first working prototype — hardware research, product definition, iterating wireframes with client feedback, and coordinating design and development activities between multiple teams and third-parties.
Payment machine for Empark: live in Ávila, Spain (source: Ávilared
- Coordinated final lap in developing version 1.0 of the Via Verde Estacionar parking app, for Android and iOS, through to a month-long limited pilot in the city of Amadora, Portugal. At the end the apps were ready for a commercial launch, but the client opted to postpone that to Q4 2016 (media coverage, in Portuguese: Dinheiro Vivo, Público, Marketeer; TV ad).
Via Verde Estacionar 1.0 (this is no longer the app's design, but this was the version I worked on)
- Requirements analysis, prioritization and delivery management of developments on web portals and integration APIs for the Udifar group.
Software Engineer at Premium Minds
I’ve joined Premium Minds first as a software engineer, to join the team developing the new digital platform 20 Aula Digital for LeYa. As a part of a Scrum team, I worked mostly on J2EE-centered backend development — Java, Groovy; JPA, Hibernate, PostgreSQL; JCR, Apache Jackrabbit; Neo4j; OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect, JAX-RS (Jersey), Google Guice.
Professor at Universidade Lusófona
I am responsible for the Advanced Computer Architectures and Computer Networks undergraduate courses.
Advanced Computer Architectures was added to the curriculum in Fall 2013, and I joined Universidade Lusófona with the challenge to create the course from ground up, both lectures and lab sessions.
Prior to my current status, there is a lot to tell. I’ve started working in 2001 while still finishing high school (which led me to flunk my first attempt at a college degree after six months). Since then, I had plenty of opportunity to try (and learn) different things in the tech world. From old to new, I’ve:
- worked at a computer store;
- done web development;
- written tech pieces for a newspaper supplement;
- researched on embedded and real-time systems (producing two theses, over a dozen papers and a couple of working prototypes); and
- taught embedded systems, operating systems, computer architecture, and object-oriented programming courses at U.Lisbon.
You can find more details about these on my LinkedIn profile.
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I
Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
M.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering
B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering